Summer 2018 Home Renovation Project Ideas & Tips
Jul 13, 2018
Summer is the perfect season for home renovations, as weather is more ideal and days are longer. Rainy summer days are great for tackling small projects inside of your home, but on those stretches of beautiful days we recommend tackling your exterior projects. If you’re looking to make improvements to your home this season, follow along for our top tips and start tackling your summer projects!
Summer Home Renovation Project Ideas & Tips
- Bead Boards – If you’re looking for a quick refresh in your bathroom or kitchen, consider adding beaded boards to your kitchen island or bathroom walls. Choose thin planks for an antique cottage vibe or wide planks for a farmhouse feel depending on the look that you’re going for.
- Lighting Fixtures – Replace outdated light fixtures with a more modern look to create a powerful update that will go a long way.
- Paint – If you have a room that’s feeling a little stale, bring a fresh color to your walls either with paint or patterned wallpaper. This is an easy and low-cost way to give your space a fresh makeover.
- New Hardware – Make a room feel new with small, minor changes to the hardware in your kitchen, bathroom, or bedroom. New knobs on cabinets and dressers can pack quite the punch and completely change your space.
- Add a Backsplash – Completely transform your kitchen or bathroom by adding a backsplash to your walls or shower.
Weekend Home Improvement Projects
- Paint Your Front Door – To boost curb appeal or give your home an easy makeover, give your front door new life. An updated front door color can be all that your home needs to feel fresh and updated. When doing this, you can either remove the door, or paint in place.
- Entrance Refresh - Spruce up your front entrance with a bench, flowers, new lighting, a wreath or a welcome mat. Flowers, wreathes and the welcome mat can be changed with the seasons, always giving your guests a warm welcome that’s in line with the season.
- New Siding or New Door – For improved curb appeal, new siding or a new door will go a long way, especially if they are currently in a state of despair.
- Other Summer Ideas- Pave your driveway, build a backyard patio, clean your gutters, or pressure wash your deck or siding.
Summer Home Cost-Saving Tips
- Keep your curtains and blinds down to keep your home cool and to prevent fading of your floors.
- To improve air quality, run bathroom fans before and after you shower, along with kitchen fans when cooking.
- Install storm doors to protect your main door from the seasonal elements.
- Replace old windows with new, energy efficient windows to conserve energy and to save on your electric bill
Are you ready to kick start your 2018 summer renovation project? Browse some of the hottest trends in flooring this year to keep your home looking fresh and modern!