Everything You Need to Know About Carpet Material
Mar 12, 2018
Carpet is a type of flooring that is made from woven fiber, and comes in a variety of styles, patterns, and colors. Due to its cushioned surface, carpet absorbs sound, adds additional warmth, and offers you a non-slip surface. Not only is carpet one of the most affordable flooring products, but most are treated with static, stain, and soil resistant treatments, making them incredibly easy to clean and maintain.
What is Carpet Made of Anyways?
Carpet is made of woven nylon, polyester, olefin, or wool fibers. To ensure a long-lasting and quality carpet, consider a higher twist number of the fibers and a higher density volume of the tufts.
- Each of these fibers offer individual benefits.
- Choice of fiber depends on what you would like to achieve in your space.
What Are the Different Types of Carpet Fibers?
There are four types of carpet fiber; nylon, polyester, olefin, and wool. In order to select the perfect carpet fiber, you will want to consider the function of each room, and how you live in it.
- Nylon is the most durable and stain resistant carpet fiber, and is ideal for homes with pets and children. Nylon is perfect for heavy traffic areas, such as hallways and stairs.
- Polyester offers a luxurious look and feel, and is ideal for rooms that see a normal amount of traffic.
- Olefin has great stain and moisture resistance, and is recommended for commercial use.
- Wool is well constructed, has natural soil resistance qualities, and looks great for a long period of time. If appearance is important, make note that wool is favored for its beauty!
What Are the Benefits of Carpet?
- Carpet offers amazing softness and beauty to a room.
- There is a wide variety of colors and patterns to choose from.
- Carpet is made in a variety of fibers, each one offering different qualities that are suited for your space.