Decorating With Natural Elements & Materials
Apr 15, 2019
From tranquil deserts to snow-capped mountains, leafy jungles to sparkling beaches, nature inspires us all with its beauty. But
How to Decorate Your Home with Natural Elements and Materials
The Modern and Earthy Home Decor Trend
At first glance, there might not seem to be much overlap between “earthy” and “modern” decorating styles — but by blending elements from each, you can achieve a breathtaking new look that beautifully balances the best of both worlds.
Design experts are forecasting that earthy interiors will be one of the hottest home trends in 2019. Just remember: when all is said and done, trends come and go. As long as you follow your gut and chase the feeling that most
How to Decorate Using Natural Elements
- Set up a terrarium (or two). It might sound fancy, but a “terrarium” is simply a see-through container to display small houseplants, like miniature cacti. Terrariums have become trendy over the past few years, and are available in empty or pre-decorated varieties. When hung in strategic locations, terrariums can transform humble houseplants into striking, suspended centerpieces for any room. Plus, they’re fun to assemble with the kids!
- Swap a few chairs for wicker furniture. Nothing says “carefree summer afternoon” like the lightweight, timeless look of woven wicker chairs and furniture, whether on the patio, the lawn, or indoors.
- Use materials from the natural world. There are countless design elements that are either inspired by or sourced directly from nature. Some trendy examples include branches, fur (or faux fur), leaves, pine cones, and stone, such as stone flooring or decorative gemstones. For more ideas about types of natural
materialsyou can use, just keep scrolling!
Different Types of Natural Materials that Make Great Home Decor
There are tons of affordable, eco-friendly natural materials that bring a stylish, sophisticated look to your home in 2019. Here are three popular examples:
- Cotton — Bouquets of cotton bring a warm, understated yet elegant accent to your coffee table, shelf space, or blank walls. Consider contrasting a few sprigs of cotton with exposed brick or dark wood to help make the white fluff “pop.”
- Houseplants — Nothing breathes new life into a room like a handful of houseplants. Succulents like aloe are trendy, lightweight, affordable, and low-maintenance, making them a great option for almost any space. Just be careful to avoid plants that could harm your pets or children.
- Seashells — A few strategically-placed seashells instantly bring a nautical, beachy feeling to your space. Plus, they’re available in a huge variety of sizes, shapes, and colors, making them easy to pair with any room in your home. We can smell that fresh ocean breeze already!
Find Green and Eco-Friendly Floors at Flooring America
The natural world is full of beauty — and at Flooring America, we strive to protect and preserve it for generations to come.
At Flooring America, you’ll find natural, eco-conscious, and green flooring products to beautify your home with minimal impact on the environment. We set high standards for our Green Select products, which must be recyclable, contain recycled content, and be made using renewable, natural, or sustainable content.
When you choose Green Select, you can feel confident you’re supporting a healthier planet — and getting a product you’ll love. To find great prices on green flooring near you, contact Flooring America online, or call (855) 352-2837 today.
Visualize Your Flooring Dreams
Want a preview of how new floors will look in your home? Try our room visualizer, My Floor Style. Upload a photo of your room, select your style preferences, and get a virtual look at each different flooring style. With My Floor Style, there are no surprises. Only beautiful new floors.